Dentistry

Dentistry is a growing industry that always seems to be adding more and more jobs to its profession. Dentistry is the third most paid job in the United Sates, adding close to 23,300 more jobs by the year of 2022. They get paid a great deal to deal with bad breath, gum diseases, and cavities. They have to have great people skills and a high aptitude for science to be able to even apply to a dental school.

            What does the word Dentistry really mean? Is it really just a branch of medicine that studies, diagnosis, and prevents oral diseases and conditions? How did this branch of medicine even begin? Scholars have discovered that people were getting fillings 6500 years ago. Granted those fillings were made out of beeswax but still a filing.  The first named dentist was in ancient Egypt and they were called ‘the greatest of teeth’ or Hesi-Re. The Egyptians actually bounded teeth with gold when they needed replacing. The first book about dentistry was called “Artzney Buchlein” in 1530 and in 1685 the very first textbook that was written in English was called “Operator for the Teeth” by Charles Allen. In the 19th century the government started regulating the profession and they are making more and more improvements every day.

            It costs between 50,000 to 280,000 on average to start and complete dentist school. Then before you can even enroll in a dental school you must have a bachelor’s degree. The bachelor’s degree can be for anything but if they want to become a dentist is should be science related. Dental school lasts four years, can be 2-6 years more if you want to specialize in something; orthodontics or oral surgeon. This is a job where only 22.2% of the people are woman and the other 77.8% are male. After you get your degree you can either become a partner with an existing dentist private practice or you can create your own. That, however, will cost you leasing for the building, purchasing all the tools, hiring assistants, hygienists, receptionists, and long hours till you develop a larger clientele and can hire more people to work with you. You also want to be licensed to prescribe medication. This means getting a Federal and a state specific license, and you must maintain and renew it when it expires. 

            Dentistry is a growing industry that always is adding more and more jobs to its profession. Dentistry is the third most paid job in the United Sates, adding close to 23,300 more jobs by the year of 2022. As of 2009 there are 186,084 professionally active dentists. Which means that there are dentists that are using their degree in some form or fashion majority of that number are private practitioners. Texas being in the top five for having the highest dentist employment and is in the top paying states in dentistry. Places like Dallas, Texas have 1,590 dentists alone paying an average 104.52 dollars an hour.

 

Dentist in mcallen tx from PenitentAdvice on Vimeo.

Write a comment

Comments: 1
  • #1

    flemming kock tandlæge (Wednesday, 15 October 2014 08:31)

    I never ever read such type of info before this was really incredible.

This is the sidebar.

Contact

 

This section is visible on every page of your website. The sidebar is a great place to put important information like contact details, store hours, or social media links. If you build an online store, the shopping cart will appear here.